In today’s day and age, telemedicine, the provision of treatment through telecommunication deliveries and EHR technology, is extending to all areas of healthcare as more and more patients want accessibility to their physicians outside of the hospital. Patients want to communicate with their doctors, review lab results and schedule services remotely.
Incorporating an IT communications system will improve the clinical health status of patients. How it works:
- Telemedicine incorporates the use of various applications and telecommunications services for distressed rural or inner city hospitals.
- The technology used includes two-way video conferencing, sharing still images, email service and smart phones.
- • The investment for remote services seamlessly integrates with other information technology and requires no additional billing codes.
What Telemedicine will allow you to do:
- Improve clinical performance to transform patient care with our data-driven approach and advanced communications system.
- Help expand reach of distressed hospitals beyond traditional geographical boundaries leading to more referrals, increased revenue and decreased overall healthcare delivery and access costs.
- Use live interactive video or shared diagnostic images, vital signs or video clips included with patient data for review outside of the hospital.
- Monitor patients remotely using tech devices to collect and send data.
- Use point-to-point connections through private networks for radiology, stroke assessment, mental health or intensive care services.
- Communicate with patients at home for cardiac, pulmonary or fetal monitoring and provide direct patient outreach.
Top Benefits of Telemedicine:
- Increases services to thousands of more patients and provides easier exchange of data.
- Provides more availability by participating physicians.
- Reduces healthcare costs and maximizes ROI through efficient and effective management of chronic conditions, staffing, and hospital stays.
- Improves patient care and experience through more accessibility.
- Meets patient demands for reduced hospital travel time.
- Creates advanced, centralized data environments for Electronic Health Record (EHR) access from hospitals and doctor offices to alleviate the need for high cost, complex IT systems in struggling facilities.
General Methods and Protocols of Telemedicine:
- HSD uses mobile messaging to alert on-call physician partners with information from hospitals requesting their services.
- Our physician partners using Telemedicine can evaluate their patients with video conferencing by Apple® Facetime™ and medical chart review by EmpowerSystems™ ONC Certified EHR system for Inpatient and Ambulatory departments.
- Physicians bill for Emergency Department or Initial Hospital Consultations services and any other additional professional fees for evaluation and management.
- HSD bills and collects profession fees from EHR documents received by consulting physicians.
- Patients would be responsible for payment of Telemedicine services through third party insurance, Medicare, Public Aid, or via personal credit card.
- HSD will cover costs accumulated from state medical licensure, hospital credentials, malpractice insurance, billing and collections.
- HSD would also provide Apple® iPads for these services and any on-site consulting.
- HSD offers cost coverage for any physician partner who opts to travel to hospitals to perform Elective, Invasive Diagnostic Procedures or Surgery.
More Access to Elective & Invasive Surgical Procedures:
- GI: Endoscopy or Colonoscopy
- General Surgery: Hernia, Tumor Bx
Physician Specialist Areas include:
- Infectious Disease
- Preventative Care
- Trauma Surgery